After many requests, we are proud to announce that you can now get married at The Tank Museum!
Whether you want 1940s rustic wedding with an intimate guestlist, or a classic contemporary white wedding design with 300 guests, we can create a unique day for you.
The Tank Museum has a wedding license, granted from Spring/Summer 2021. See some of our spaces for hire below, and download our brochure for more details, prices and catering options.
- A dedicated event coordinator in the lead up to the day and on the day itself.
- Choice of indoor and outdoor settings.
- Internal catering team.
- Exclusive use of the hired spaces 2pm until 5pm the day prior (ceremonies only) and 8am until midnight on the day of your wedding.
- Free parking and Museum entry for guests.
- Use of our in-house furniture, crockery, linen, centre pieces, PA system and lights.
- Museum staff managed access to hired areas and table service for internal catering.
- Fully stocked and staffed cash bar for reception bookings.
- Complimentary use of a conference suite or similar for deliveries, set up preparations and for pre-wedding registrar meetings.
- PA hire (including 2 x mics).
- Incredible photography opportunities with our exhibits.
The mezzanine is a bright, versatile space which can be used for a ceremony, drinks and canapes, or for your full reception.
- Large windows overlook the Purbeck Hills, with the Museum’s flagship Tank Story exhibition on the other side
- Theatre style seating for a ceremony with up to 80 guests
- Dinner service seating for up to 120 guests
The biggest space we have for hire is the multi-functional Cold War Hall which is ideal for a larger wedding ceremony or reception, and allows smaller parties to have their ceremony and reception in the same space.
- Surrounded by Cold War tanks
- Theatre style seating for a ceremony with up to 320 guests
- Dinner service seating for up to 310 guests
As well as our two main spaces, there are a variety of other options for your special day.
- We can accommodate up to 1,000 guests for an outdoor ceremony – with our PA system, no one will struggle to hear you say “I do”.
- For intimate services or meals, the conference suites are perfect for small weddings of 60 or less.
- Depending on feasibility, you can also get married within one of our exhibitions, in front of your favourite tank.