Friends of The Tank Museum Terms & Conditions
Friends of The Tank Museum Terms & Conditions
These are the terms and conditions on which we sell membership of the Friends of The Tank Museum. If you have any questions or require assistance to choose the right tier of membership, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01929 405096.
Summary & General Terms
These terms and conditions cover all existing tiers of Membership and their associated benefits.
Members will receive a range of benefits depending on the category of Membership purchased. A complete list of Membership benefits will be set out on The Tank Museum website. Changes to benefits will be published here and in Tracklink.
We reserve the right to change the benefits that apply to Friends of The Tank Museum Memberships at any time and without prior notice.
Memberships and their associated benefits are non-transferable and non-refundable.
Membership benefits are only redeemable on the presentation of a valid Membership card and photo identification.
· Friends of The Tank Museum wishing to purchase discounted tickets for Special Events or Experiences must do so over the phone by calling 01929 405096. You can also request an office hours call-back by emailing email@example.com
· Discounts do not apply to Premium Tickets or Premium Experiences and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers, or discounts (eg, multiple day tickets).
· Discounted entry for guests of Friends of The Tank Museum does not include an Annual Pass.
· Carers of Members shall be admitted free of charge. Proof of entitlement to concessions may be requested upon entry.
· Retail discounts on The Tank Museum Online Shop (tankmuseumshop.org) cannot be used to purchase or renew Membership or Tracklink Subscriptions.
· One Tracklink is provided per membership. For example, a Joint Membership includes two people but only one copy of Tracklink.
· Visits to the Archive and Library must be made by prior appointment.
· Special Event tickets received as part of a Gold Membership are only valid with the matching membership card and photo identification. These guarantee admission regardless of whether the event has sold out or not. However, these Special Event tickets do not entitle members to bring any additional guests.
Payments & Renewals
All Members (with the exception of Life Members) will pay an annual membership fee. The Tank Museum reserves the right to change the Membership fee each year. You will be informed if there is to be any change to subscription rates by letter or email.
Your Membership is valid immediately from the day that your Membership payment is received by The Tank Museum and will usually be valid for 12 months from that dates unless otherwise stated. Upon expiry of your Membership you will no longer be a Member and you will no longer be entitled to receive any Membership benefits.
If you pay by Direct Debit, your membership will auto-renew unless you instruct The Tank Museum otherwise. Direct Debits are taken on the 8-10th of each month by SmartDebit. If you join as a Friend with a Direct Debit, your membership will start when we receive this payment and will continue during any short interim period between expiry and the date of your next scheduled payment.
If you do not pay by Direct Debit, we will send you a renewal reminder by post or email. You can re-new online, at admissions or by phone. The Tank Museum does not accept Standing Order or BACs payments.
Once The Tank Museum has received your Membership Payment, you have entered into a year-long contract with The Tank Museum. If you would like to cancel your membership, The Tank Museum will not offer a refund for the remaining period – but will withdraw all membership benefits.
If you have a Direct Debit, it is the responsibility of the member to contact The Tank Museum or your bank to cancel your next scheduled payment.
The Tank Museum has not accepted payment by Standing Order for several years now. If you still have a Standing Order, The Tank Museum is unable to cancel this on your behalf. Please note, The Tank Museum does not offer refunds for double payments.
To cancel your Membership, you must contact The Tank Museum via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 01919 405096.
Revocation of Membership
The Tank Museum reserves the right to terminate Memberships if in its reasonable opinion you behave in a way which is considered to be harassing, causing distress or inconvenience to other members, any visitor to the Museum, any member of Museum staff or any directors, trustees, patrons, donors or other supporters of The Tank Museum.
Membership can also be revoked if the Membership card (and the access or benefits it provides) is misused, sold, loaned or given away without our prior written consent from The Tank Museum - or if any attempt is made to do so.
In all cases, membership can be revoked at any time and without compensation.
Changes to Membership
New Members can be added to an existing Membership. Either the difference must be paid for the rest of the existing Member’s Membership period (e.g. £15 to change an Adult Membership to a Joint Membership) OR the full new Membership price can be paid and both the new and existing Members will be renewed for another 12 months.
Publications and other materials
Unless stated otherwise, copyright and all other rights in all publications and materials supplied to you by The Tank Museum is owned by The Tank Museum. Members may not reproduce, transmit, distribute, sell or commercially exploit these materials without the prior consent of The Tank Museum or to the extent expressly permitted by law.