These terms and conditions apply to the use of The Tank Museum (including Special Events or Experiences) and the use of this website.
Please read through these terms and conditions carefully. If you access this website, visit the Museum, and/or place an order with us, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions as set out below.
Once purchased, tickets (including Special Event tickets, Experience tickets, standard admission tickets and any other tickets sold by The Tank Museum) cannot generally be transferred, exchanged, refunded or returned.
BUYING TICKETS ONLINE
Advance Standard Admission, Experience and Special Event tickets are sent out as emails to the address entered when placing the order. You must therefore ensure you enter the correct email address on purchasing.
You must print this ticket and bring it with you. If you are unable to print your ticket, you may present it on your smartphone. The Booking Reference number must be clearly visible.
E-tickets are scanned and validated on arrival at The Tank Museum. The Tank Museum reserves the right to refuse admission and invalidate tickets that it suspects are being misused or duplicated fraudulently.
Standard admission tickets purchased online must be used within 1 year of purchase. Expired tickets cannot be extended.
All visitors covered by an E-ticket must arrive and be admitted together – duplicate tickets are not permitted.
BUYING TICKETS BY PHONE
If you purchased the tickets over the phone, these will be sent to you in the post with your purchase receipt. An administration fee of £3 for this service will apply.
All prices include VAT and are subject to change up until the point of purchase.
COMPLIMENTARY OR DISCOUNTED ADMISSION
On non-Special Event days, free admission is offered to:
- Currently serving British or Military Personnel from any country on production of the MOD90 card or equivalent
- RAC/RTR Veterans with valid Regimental Association Membership card, Red Book, Certificate of Service, or a document stating Military service.
- Carer of disabled people with valid Carer Association Card, DLA/PIP Letter, GP Letter stating carer is required, or similar
- Children Under 4
- Current Friends of The Tank Museum (Standard or Gold Members)
- Valid Annual Pass holders
- Complimentary ticket holders
(Complimentary tickets and discounted admissions to not include and Annual Pass)
The Tank Museum reserves the right to decline complimentary admission to complimentary ticket holders when:
- The ticket is not genuine.
- The ticket has expired or was issued over 1 year ago.
- The ticket is not recognised (e.g., is not accepted).
Complimentary admission can be withdrawn if other terms & conditions of entry are not met.
SPECIAL EVENT TICKETS
Complimentary tickets, Annual Passes and Standard Admission tickets cannot be used on Special Event days such as Tiger Day and TANKFEST.
Tanks in Action displays held during the Easter, May Half Term and Summer Holidays are not considered as Special Event days.
The appearance of all vehicles is subject to their mechanical reliability and operational availability. The Tank Museum reserves the right to change or modify the programme as circumstances and conditions dictate without prior notice.
In the event of extreme weather conditions or Force Majeure, all or substantial parts of any special event may be cancelled or postponed. In this case tickets and or consequential loss will not be subject to reimbursement.
PREMIUM & EXPERIENCE TICKETS
Premium and Experience tickets must be pre-booked.
We advise that Premium or Experience Tickets are suitable for over 18s only (over 12s for Behind the Scenes), and are priced accordingly.
If applicable, ticket holders must be at least 1.4m (4’6’’) and able to climb on and off vehicles unaided.
Should any unforeseen circumstance (such as mechanical failure) prevent your Experience going ahead as planned, a suitable alternative will be made available or we shall endeavour to offer you an equivalent experience on an alternative date.
The Tank Museum reserves the right to withdraw any vehicle from the display due to safety, operational or mechanical concerns at any time. Should this happen during your experience, a suitable alternative will be made available or we shall endeavour to offer you an equivalent experience on an alternative date.
Participants must be 18 years of age or over and at least 1.4m (4.6ft) tall, able to climb in and out of vehicles unaided.
Please wear suitable clothing – we will provide black coveralls to wear. Please note, we do not permit the wearing of military or replica military uniforms.
Group visits must be booked by phone/email at least 1 week in advance of the visit to gain the Group Admission rate.
Group rates will not be honoured if groups arrive unannounced.
Private tours are subject to availability and must be booked at least 1 week prior to your proposed visit.
Group rates are available for some events – please see the specific event page for the group entry prices. For events, group admissions must be booked and paid in advance.
School Groups can gain the Educational Group Rates listed here.
‘Uniformed groups’ including Cubs, Scouts, Cadets or similar will be subject to Group Rates.
Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult at all times. The minimum ratio is one adult to 10 children. Uniformed groups receive one free adult ticket per every 10 children to maintain this ratio.
Group tickets do not include an Annual Pass.
Gift Aid allows charities like us to reclaim tax (25p for every £1) from the government on your donations. If you are a UK taxpayer, by opting to Gift Aid you enable us to treat your payment as a donation, so each £1 you spend can do £1.25 of good. It costs you nothing, but helps us a lot.
THE ANNUAL PASS
Each full price Standard Admission, Special Event, and Experience ticket includes an Annual Pass.
The Annual Pass entitles the holder to unlimited complimentary repeat visits (excluding Special Events) for a 365-day period.
The Annual Pass is valid for one year from the point you visit The Tank Museum. It is assigned to one person per transaction. These are non-transferable – and cannot be extended.
You will need to bring your Annual Pass with you on each return visit along with supporting Identification in order to gain admission.
LOST ANNUAL PASSES
If you purchased your ticket online and have lost your Annual Pass, please recall your Booking Confirmation sent to you via email, or contact a member of our team to locate your booking.
If you purchased your tickets at the Museum and you applied Gift Aid, we can find your booking using your post-code and surname (we keep Gift Aid reports for 5 years as per HMRC regulations).
If you did not apply for Gift Aid and purchased your tickets at the Museum, we will be unable to relocate your booking. Bank statements will not be accepted as proof of purchase. You will need to repurchase tickets to gain admission to the Museum.
Complimentary and discounted tickets do not include an Annual Pass.
Please observe the following conditions whilst visiting The Tank Museum for any purpose.
We reserve the right to refuse admission or to require any ticket holder to leave the premises at our discretion should they fail to comply. In all cases, The Tank Museum will be the final arbiter; admission fees will not be refunded if you are asked to leave.
- Once site capacity is reached, no admission is permitted without a valid ticket.
- Dogs, except trained assistance dogs, are not permitted inside The Tank Museum. Emotional support animals are not permitted inside the Museum.
- All children, aged 15 and under, must be accompanied by an adult (18+) at all times.
- The Tank Museum is a no smoking building.
- Visitors are not permitted to climb on or in any of our vehicles without consent or close supervision
- Visitors must ensure that all personal belongings are kept with them at all times.
- The Tank Museum will not accept responsibility for loss or damage of possessions on the premises.
- Due to licensing restrictions, alcohol cannot be brought onto and consumed on Museum grounds.
- CCTV is used on-site for the purposes of crime prevention and public safety.
- If circumstances require it, visitors may be subject to a search or random bag check as a condition of entry.
- Only serving soldiers or members of re-enactment groups specifically contracted by The Tank Museum (and participating in a specific activity) are permitted to wear military or replica military uniforms on site.
- Items of clothing bearing provocative/controversial symbols or messages – or otherwise deemed to be contrary to our family friendly environment – are not permitted.
- Visitors must stay fully dressed during their visit. The Museum does not permit the removal of shirts or footwear.
- Photographs taken inside the Museum are for personal use only. Photographs taken inside the Museum may not be used for commercial purposes without prior arrangement and may be subject to a licensing fee. Please contact the Archive and Supporting Collection for more details.
- Visitors may be photographed or filmed at The Tank Museum and these images may be used for promotional purposes. If you do not wish to be photographed for this purpose you must make this clear immediately on arrival to The Tank Museum Marketing team.
- The Tank Museum reserves the right to cancel, amend, to curtail or abandon any activity, Special Event or to close the Museum or site without notice. This right is reserved without liability to pay any person compensation or damages whatsoever.
In addition, visitors should be cautious of the following:
- During arena displays (Tanks in Action / TANKFEST / Tiger Day etc) there may be loud explosions and pyrotechnics. These can be unannounced.
- There is uneven ground on parts of the site and grass areas can be slippery when wet. Visitors must be vigilant when walking in external areas where the ground has been disturbed by vehicle movement.
- Site can be dusty during periods of dry weather. This dust can become airborne during heavy vehicle movement.
The following items are prohibited and not to be brought onto site:
- Alcoholic beverages (due to Licensing restrictions)
- Knives / weapons – replica or otherwise
- Fireworks or explosives
- Illegal/legal highs
- Laser pens
Members will receive a range of benefits depending on the category of Membership purchased in exchange for an annual fee.
The annual fee may be subject to change and The Tank Museum reserves the right to amend or withdraw benefits that apply at any time and without prior notice. Members will be informed on this website, by email or letter and in Tracklink if such changes are made.
REDEMPTION OF BENEFITS
Memberships and their associated benefits are non-transferable and non-refundable.
Membership benefits are only redeemable on the presentation of a valid Membership card, discount code, photo identification (or a combination of these).
Access to some benefits (such as access to the Archive & Library or booking discounted event tickets) requires booking in advance. To do so, call 01929 405096 or request an office hours call-back by emailing [email protected].
Discounts do not apply to Premium Tickets or Premium Experiences and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers, or discounts (e.g. multiple day tickets).
Retail discounts on The Tank Museum Online Shop (tankmuseumshop.org) cannot be used to purchase or renew Membership or Tracklink Subscriptions.
Friends of The Tank Museum are bound by the general Terms and Conditions of visiting The Tank Museum.
It is the Membership holder’s responsibility to contact the Tank Museum to update personal details held on their account.
PAYMENTS & RENEWALS
Membership is valid immediately from the date that payment is received by The Tank Museum and will valid for 12 months (unless otherwise stated). Upon expiry of your Membership, you will no longer be entitled to receive any Membership benefits until a renewal payment is made.
If you pay by Direct Debit, your membership will auto-renew unless you instruct The Tank Museum otherwise. Direct Debits are taken on the 8-10th of each month by SmartDebit. If you join as a Friend with a Direct Debit, your membership will start when we receive this payment and will continue during any short interim period between expiry and the date of your next scheduled payment.
If you do not pay by Direct Debit, we will send you a renewal reminder by post or email. You can renew online, at admissions or by phone. The Tank Museum does not accept Standing Order or BACs payments for Membership.
CHANGES TO MEMBERSHIP
New Members can be added to an existing Membership. Either the difference must be paid for the rest of the existing Member’s Membership period (e.g. £15 to change an Adult Membership to a Joint Membership) OR the full new Membership price can be paid and both the new and existing Members will be renewed for another 12 months.
CANCELLATION OF MEMBERSHIP
Once The Tank Museum has received your Membership Payment, you have entered into a year-long contract with The Tank Museum. If you would like to cancel your membership, The Tank Museum will not offer a refund for the remaining period – but will withdraw all membership benefits.
If you have a Direct Debit, it is the responsibility of the member to contact The Tank Museum or your bank to cancel your next scheduled payment.
The Tank Museum has not accepted payment by Standing Order for several years. If you still have a Standing Order, The Tank Museum is unable to cancel this on your behalf. Please note, The Tank Museum does not offer refunds for double payments.
To cancel your Membership, you must contact The Tank Museum via email at [email protected].
REVOCATION OF MEMBERSHIP
The Tank Museum reserves the right to terminate Memberships if in its reasonable opinion you behave in a way which is considered to be harassing, causing distress or inconvenience to other members, any visitor to the Museum, any member of Museum staff or any directors, trustees, patrons, donors or other supporters of The Tank Museum.
Membership can also be revoked if the Membership card (and the access or benefits it provides) is misused, sold, loaned or given away without our prior written consent from The Tank Museum – or if any attempt is made to do so.
In all cases, membership can be revoked at any time and without compensation.
Whilst we endeavour to ensure that this site is available 24 hours a day, we will not be liable if for any reason the site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
Access to this site may be suspended temporarily and without notice.
Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the information on this site is accurate, we shall not be liable for any damages arising from the use of or inability to use this site, or any information contained in it, or from any action or decision taken as a result of using this site or any such information.
We accept no responsibility for the content of any site to which a hypertext link from this site exists. The links are provided ‘as is’ with no warranty, express or implied, for the information provided therein.
By accessing any part of this site, you shall be deemed to have accepted these terms in full.
These terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law.
The Tank Museum Trading Company Ltd. The Tank Museum, Bovington, Dorset, BH20 6JG Tel: 01929 405096