See what’s happening in The Tank Museum’s arena throughout the year.
Not all museums are quiet! The tanks in our collection were built to move, so we try and provide as many opportunities as possible for guests to see them in action.
Tanks in Action
See tracked vehicles roar round the arena, with expert commentary, mock battles, and more!
- Learn how armoured vehicles work together in battle
- 1pm Monday – Thursday, during Easter and Summer school holidays.
- Chance to see our historic collection in action
- Free for all Tank Museum visitors
- Opportunity to take part in the display
Get into the arena yourself with a vehicle ride.
- Available weekdays in spring and summer school holidays – Monday to Thursday 10:30 – 12:00 & 13:45 – 16:30 and Friday – Sunday 10:30 – 12:00 & 13:00 – 16:30
- Ride in a real tracked vehicle – a Cold War M548 troop carrier
- £4 per person or £13.50 for a family of four, pay on the day – card only
- Visitors must be over 1.25m tall