See what’s happening in The Tank Museum’s arena throughout the year.
Not all museums are quiet! The tanks in our collection were built to move, so we try and provide as many opportunities as possible for guests to see them in action.
Tanks in Action
See tracked vehicles roar round the arena, with expert commentary, mock battles, and more!
- Learn how armoured vehicles work together in battle
- 1pm Monday – Friday during Easter Holidays and May Half Term
- 1pm Monday – Thursday, during Summer school holidays
- Chance to see our historic collection in action
- Free for all Tank Museum visitors
- Opportunity to take part in the display
Get into the arena yourself with a vehicle ride.
- Available weekdays in spring and summer school holidays – Monday to Thursday 10:30 – 12:00 & 13:45 – 16:30 and Friday – Sunday 10:30 – 12:00 & 13:00 – 16:30
- Ride in a real tracked vehicle – a Cold War M548 troop carrier
- £4 per person or £13.50 for a family of four, pay on the day – card only
- Visitors must be over 1.25m tall
World of Tanks, the free-to-play multi-player historical tank video game, has supported The Tank Museum on various projects over the last decade – including TANKFEST, The Tiger Collection exhibition, and the Education Suite. Find out more and play HERE. Plus, by using this link World of Tanks gives the Museum a donation for every new player.
Murco, a motor fuel group brand, supports The Tank Museum’s arena action during TANKFEST, Tiger Day, and Tanks in Action by providing fuel for the historic running vehicles. You can find out more about Murco HERE.