We’re ready to welcome you back!
THE TANK MUSEUM REOPENS TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC ON MONDAY 6 JULY
The Tank Museum conforms to the latest Government and industry COVID-19 guidelines, with a recognised process in place to maintain cleanliness and aid social distancing.
Make sure you have the right ticket with you on your visit to The Tank Museum.
Please note that on re-opening, daily admissions will be strictly limited. Therefore, to guarantee admission on your chosen visit date, we are asking all visitors to book their ticket and their visit date online in advance.
This also applies to Friends of The Tank Museum and Annual Pass holders. More information below.
BUY IN ADVANCE & SAVE
To support social distancing, we've put a limit on daily visitors. Please book your slot to guarantee entry, even if you already have a ticket, Annual Pass or membership.
An Annual Pass allows you to visit The Tank Museum as many times as you want for one year (excluding Special Event days). Every full price admission ticket purchased (including Access All Areas, Special Event and Experience Days) automatically comes with an Annual Pass. Discounted tickets (for example Group Tickets and Complimentary tickets) do not include an Annual Pass.
We’ve made detailed preparations to ensure your safety and enjoyment of The Tank Museum.
The current government guidelines have made it necessary for us to make some adjustments to the experience for your comfort and protection.
Before You Arrive
- Book your tickets for your chosen visit date online in advance to guarantee your place.
- As we are minimising cash handling on-site, be prepared to make payments using a ‘contactless’ bank card where possible.
- Be aware that some activities, talks, tours, and interactives will have been suspended where social distancing cannot be guaranteed.
- Please postpone your visit if you are exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19 or if you are feeling unwell.
During Your Visit
- Please use the hand sanitiser stations on arrival and as you make your way around the Museum.
- Most importantly, please wash your hands carefully whenever you can in any one of our toilet facilities.
- We have installed new hygiene screens at many of our service counters.
- Feel free to wear a suitable face mask during your visit – and don’t be alarmed if you see members of staff doing the same.
- We have been educating our staff on prevention and employees may wear Personal Protective Equipment if they wish.
- They will be on hand to support social distancing and promote safer use of the Museum.
- Please follow their guidance, and feel free to ask them any questions you may have.
- Please observe social distancing at all times when navigating the museum.
- Look out for new signage and routing which aims to ensure all visitors can respect the personal space of others.
- We have put a one-way system in place around the museum to ensure social distancing is easier to manage.
- Enhanced cleaning measures are now in effect, focussing on those areas or surfaces most in contact with our visitors – such as handrails, lift buttons and door handles.
- Social distancing will be implemented in our restaurant by increasing the distance in between tables and chairs.
When the Museum reopens, visitors will be able to guarantee entry on their chosen day by booking their visit date online.
- When buying a ticket, you will need to specify a visit date during the purchase process.
- If you already have an Annual Pass, Freinds of The Tank Museum membership, or need complimentary entry for a carer or MOD90 cardholder, you will need to book the date you intend to visit online without needing to pay for a ticket. You will need to present your booking reference number and your pass or card at reception to gain admission.
- If you want to buy a ticket you cannot purchase online (for example, a discounted veterans ticket), please book the date you intend to visit online – and you will be able to purchase the admissions tickets on arrival on presentation of your booking reference number.
We know you’ve missed coming to The Tank Museum so we are pleased to announce that all Annual Passes impacted by our enforced closure have been extended by 3 months exactly.
If you require a carer to facilitate your visit, one carer will be admitted free of charge. If booking online, please book an additional free slot for your carer.
You may be asked to present evidence to a member of staff on arrival (e.g. DLA or PIP letter, GP letter or similar).
More information about accessibility is here.
All serving members of any armed forces are entitled to free admission on production of a valid MOD90 card or equivalent.
All members of Royal Armoured Corps Regimental Associations are entitled to free admission on production of a valid association membership card.
All former HM Forces service personnel are entitled to a discounted admission of £12 on production of proof of service (e.g. Red Book).
Military discounts are not valid on Special Event days. For information on veterans’ rates for TANKFEST, please see our FAQs here.
We do not accept the Defence Discount Card.
Complimentary tickets and Annual Passes cannot be used on Special Event* days.
Complimentary tickets cannot be resold or copied and the Museum reserves the right to refuse entry and invalidate the ticket if it has been copied, damaged, or has expired.
To apply for a complimentary ticket for your fundraising event, email [email protected] with your request. Each year, we give over £10,000 worth of tickets to other registered charities based in Dorset. Due to the volume of requests we receive, we are not able to respond to any requests except those which have been successful.
*TANKFEST and Tiger Day. Tanks in Action Display days are not counted as a Special Event day.
Dogs, except assistance dogs, are not permitted inside The Tank Museum. Please do not leave your dog inside your car – there is no shade in the car park. Furthermore, there are currently no suitable spots for securing your pet outside of the building at present. Regrettably therefore, we do not recommend bringing your dog on your visit to the Museum.