Make sure you have the right ticket with you on your visit to The Tank Museum.
Please note that daily admissions will be strictly limited. Therefore, to guarantee admission on your chosen visit date, we are asking all visitors to book their ticket and their visit date online in advance.
This also applies to Friends of The Tank Museum and Annual Pass holders. More information below.
An Annual Pass allows you to visit The Tank Museum as many times as you want for one year (excluding Special Event days). Every full price admission ticket purchased (including Access All Areas, Special Event and Experience Days) automatically comes with an Annual Pass. Discounted tickets (for example Group Tickets and Complimentary tickets) do not include an Annual Pass.
In 2021, Special Event days are 24 July and 17-20 September.
The regulations are relaxing – but we’re not… yet.
Even though restrictions are being withdrawn, we will continue to play it safe at The Tank Museum for the time being.
- We will continue to hold ourselves to the highest possible cleanliness standards across the Museum – and will retain our sanitisation points for your convenience.
- We will still be capping our daily footfall and recommending the use the one-way system around the Museum.
- Face coverings are no longer mandatory, but our staff will still be wearing them. For the comfort and safety of our all, we politely request that visitors continue to use them when inside the Museum and when in close proximity to other visitors or staff.
- Please give other visitors and staff plenty of space during your visit.
- Please postpone your visit if you are exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19 or are feeling unwell.
Visitors can guarantee entry on their chosen day by booking their visit date online.
- When buying a ticket, you will need to specify a visit date during the purchase process.
- If you already have an Annual Pass, Friends of The Tank Museum membership, or need complimentary entry for a carer or MOD90 cardholder, you will need to book the date you intend to visit online without needing to pay for a ticket. You will need to present your booking reference number and your pass or card at reception to gain admission.
- If you want to buy a ticket you cannot purchase online (for example, a discounted veterans ticket), please book the date you intend to visit online – and you will be able to purchase the admissions tickets on arrival on presentation of your booking reference number.
If you require a carer to facilitate your visit, one carer will be admitted free of charge. If booking online, please book an additional free slot for your carer.
You may be asked to present evidence to a member of staff on arrival (e.g. DLA or PIP letter, GP letter or similar).
More information about accessibility is here.
All serving members of any armed forces are entitled to free admission on production of a valid MOD90 card or equivalent.
All members of Royal Armoured Corps Regimental Associations are entitled to free admission on production of a valid association membership card.
All former HM Forces service personnel are entitled to a discounted admission of £12 on production of proof of service (e.g. Red Book).
Military discounts are not valid on Special Event days. For information on veterans’ rates for TANKFEST, please see our FAQs here.
We do not accept the Defence Discount Card.
Complimentary tickets and Annual Passes cannot be used on Special Event* days.
Complimentary tickets cannot be resold or copied and the Museum reserves the right to refuse entry and invalidate the ticket if it has been copied, damaged, or has expired.
To apply for a complimentary ticket for your fundraising event, email [email protected] with your request. Each year, we give over £10,000 worth of tickets to other registered charities based in Dorset. Due to the volume of requests we receive, we are not able to respond to any requests except those which have been successful.
*TANKFEST and Tiger Day. Tanks in Action Display days are not counted as a Special Event day.
Dogs, except assistance dogs, are not permitted inside The Tank Museum. Please do not leave your dog inside your car – there is no shade in the car park. Furthermore, there are currently no suitable spots for securing your pet outside of the building at present. Regrettably therefore, we do not recommend bringing your dog on your visit to the Museum.