After many requests, we are proud to announce that you can now get married at The Tank Museum!
Whether you want 1940s rustic wedding with an intimate guestlist, or a classic contemporary white wedding design with 300 guests, we can create a unique day
The Tank Museum has a wedding license, granted from Spring/Summer 2021. See some of our spaces for hire below, and download our brochure for more details, prices and catering options for you.
- A dedicated event coordinator in the lead up to the day and on the day itself.
- Choice of indoor and outdoor settings.
- Internal catering team.
- Exclusive use of the hired spaces 2pm until 5pm the day prior (ceremonies only) and 8am until midnight on the day of your wedding.
- Free parking and Museum entry for guests.
- Use of our in-house furniture, crockery, linen, centre pieces, PA system and lights.
- Museum staff managed access to hired areas and table service for internal catering.
- Fully stocked and staffed cash bar for reception bookings.
- Complimentary use of a conference suite or similar for deliveries, set up preparations and for pre-wedding registrar meetings.
- PA hire (including 2 x mics).
- Incredible photography opportunities with our exhibits.
The mezzanine is a bright, versatile space which can be used for a ceremony, drinks and canapes, or for your full reception.
- Large windows overlook the Purbeck Hills, with the Museum’s flagship Tank Story exhibition on the other side
- Theatre style seating for a ceremony with up to 80 guests
- Dinner service seating for up to 120 guests
The biggest space we have for hire is the multi-functional Cold War Hall which is ideal for a larger wedding ceremony or reception, and allows smaller parties to have their ceremony and reception in the same space.
- Surrounded by Cold War tanks
- Theatre style seating for a ceremony with up to 320 guests
- Dinner service seating for up to 310 guests
As well as our two main spaces, there are a variety of other options for your special day.
- We can accommodate up to 1,000 guests for an outdoor ceremony – with our PA system, no one will struggle to hear you say “I do”.
- For intimate services or meals, the conference suites are perfect for small weddings of 60 or less.
- Depending on feasibility, you can also get married within one of our exhibitions, in front of your favourite tank.
Hear from our happy couples
Our teenager chose the venue as it is his favourite place. We were not disappointed. There’s not many people who can say we got married next to a World War II Tank. They couldn’t do enough for us, went above and beyond, you will not be disappointed. If you like The Tank Museum it’s the place to get married! Will never forget our special day thanks to these guys.
We had a fantastic day and all the museum staff were incredibly helpful and worked really hard to make sure everything went smoothly. Our guests thoroughly enjoyed themselves and many took advantage of having private access to parts of the museum for a look round in the evening. I couldn’t be happier with how well things went and would recommend The Tank Museum and its fabulous team to anyone looking for a venue that’s a little bit different.