Half Term fun for the whole family to enjoy! Kids’ activities, new exhibition, soft play, and more.
The Tank Museum brings the story of tanks and their crews to life. Experience the biggest day out in history with 100 years of history, 300 tanks, kids activities, and more at Dorset’s largest indoor attraction.
Follow the new Art-A-Tank Museum trail, plus colouring and drawing workshops. Mini-tank fans can let off steam in the free soft play & outdoor play area.
- Open daily 10am-5pm
- Onsite restaurant, café, parking & free soft play
- New outdoor play area
- Get inside a Chieftain Tank Tank 23 – 27 October
- Free kids trails and dressing up
- All indoors – great for a rainy day
- Allow 4-5hrs for your visit
- Full programme HERE
There’s loads of family fun at The Tank Museum!
- Find artwork around the Museum in the new Art-A-Tank Museum trail.
- Make your own paper tank & Tank Museum memory to go on the memory wall.
- Learn how to use a lightbox to create pictures for colouring.
- ‘How To Draw a Tank’ workshop.
- New outdoor play area.
- Climb inside a Chieftain Tank 23 – 27 October
- Take home your own caricature (Saturday 28th only)
There’s tonnes to see and do at The Tank Museum, regardless of your age and knowledge of tanks!
- The Museum is Dorset’s largest indoor attraction, with 300 tanks in 10 powerful exhibitions – all inside, perfect for a rainy day in October.
- There are interactive games and dressing up in all of our exhibitions to keep children entertained and engaged.
- Vehicle Conservation Centre open every day, timings vary.
- A new exhibition for 2023 – Tanks for the Memories: The Tank in Popular Culture
Kids can let off steam in our free, tank shaped soft play area, situated in our Cold War Hall.
- The soft play is open from 10am to 4pm and is suitable for children aged between 3 and 11.
- All children must be wearing socks and must be supervised.
- The soft play is right beside our café, and has comfy chairs for parents to relax in.
Book online to save 10%!