Open to just one participant per day, the Tanks in Action Crew Day Experience will place you behind-the-scenes in The Tank Museum Workshop and a ride in a Main Battle Tank during the Display.
This experience is the perfect day out for the tank or engineering fan.
As well as riding in a historic vehicle during a Tanks in Action display, the recipient will assist crews in mechanical preparation work in The Tank Museum’s Restoration Workshop. You’ll get to explore behind-the-scenes in our workshop facilities and Vehicle Conservation Centre, and receive a deep-dive into the history of armoured warfare with a private tour of the Tank Story Hall, the Museum’s flagship exhibition. If you love tanks, this is the experience for you!
- Full day experience 08:30 – 17:00
- Tank Museum branded coveralls provided and to keep
- Assist the workshop crew with the ‘first parade’ prior to the display. Including mechanical preparation and inspection checks.
- Brunch and afternoon snack provided
- Tank Story Hall tour
- Workshop and VCC tour
- Preparing vehicle for next day
- Souvenir guidebook
- Free time
Terms and Conditions
- We will do our best to advise you of the tank you will be riding in upon booking, however this could be subject to change at short notice.
- This is a very hands on experience! We ask that participants have some mechanical experience or are competent and interested in completing mechanical tasks.
- Participants must be 18 years of age or over and at least 1.4m (4.6ft) tall, able to climb in and out of vehicles unaided.
- Please wear suitable clothing – we will provide black coveralls to wear. Please note, we do not permit the wearing of military or replica military uniforms.
The Tank Museum reserves the right to withdraw any vehicle from the display due to safety, operational or mechanical concerns at any time. Should this happen during your experience, a suitable alternative will be made available or we shall endeavour to offer you an equivalent experience on an alternative date.