We’re Dorset’s largest indoor attraction!
The Tank Museum brings the story of tanks and their crews to life, with the world’s best collection of tanks in awe-inspiring, modern exhibitions.
From kids activities and trails to the thrill of seeing a real tank in action, there’s something for all ages and interests at Dorset’s largest indoor attraction. Plus, with a free Annual Pass, you can revisit as many times as you like!
Keep your family dry and entertained all day!
- Open daily 10am-5pm
- Allow 4-5hrs for your visit
- 300 tanks from around the world
- 9 Powerful Exhibitions
- Cafe & Shop
- Excellent Accessibility
The Tank Museum brings the story of tanks and their crews to life, with the world’s finest collection of tanks displayed in awe-inspiring, modern exhibitions.
The museum houses 300 tanks, representing key battles from every major conflict since the First World War. Our exhibitions tell the story of this British invention featuring moving stories from the soldiers that fought in them.
Children can explore the Museum with our free Commander Basil trail and activity book, and win a prize for collecting all the stamps. During the spring and summer holidays, enjoy Tanks in Action displays and tracked vehicle rides.
The Tank Museum is in south Dorset near Wareham and is about a 30-minute drive from Dorchester, Blandford, Weymouth and Poole, about 45 minutes from Bournemouth and Salisbury, and an hour from Southampton and Yeovil. There is plenty of free parking on site.
The Tank Museum’s nearest station is Wool (1.5 miles), which is on the South Western Railway mainline from London Waterloo to Weymouth. Local taxi company (Garrison Cars, T: 01929 463395) can take you to and from the station, or it is a 30 minute walk. Train timetable here.
Our restaurant and cafe serves a range of delicious hot meals, snacks and drinks. Whether you fancy a Full English, Cornish pasty, or Dorset cream tea, we promise you won’t be disappointed.
We use Dorset and South West suppliers, so expect to see Dorset Tea, Marshfield ice-cream, Piddle Brewery beer, and meat from local farmers.
The Museum is fully accessibly via wheelchair or mobility scooter, and we have manual wheelchairs onsite available for free use.
To support social distancing, we've put a limit on daily visitors. Please book your slot to guarantee entry, even if you already have a ticket, Annual Pass or membership.
KEEPING YOU SAFE
The regulations are relaxing – but we’re not… yet.
Even though restrictions are being withdrawn, we will continue to play it safe at The Tank Museum for the time being.
- We will continue to hold ourselves to the highest possible cleanliness standards across the Museum – and will retain our sanitisation points for your convenience.
- We will still be capping our daily footfall and recommending the use the one-way system around the Museum.
- Face coverings are no longer mandatory, but our staff will still be wearing them. For the comfort and safety of our all, we politely request that visitors continue to use them when inside the Museum and when in close proximity to other visitors or staff.
- Please give other visitors and staff plenty of space during your visit.
- Please postpone your visit if you are exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19 or are feeling unwell.